Thursday, February 10, 2011

Graffiti and faces!

After the music video for "Sledgehammer", I immediately thought of graffiti and characters and how a lot of writers will focus on the face if they are making characters, myself included.

I took this picture around 2005, in Texas. Most of Pars streaks on trains are of characters and faces. It is amazing how much can be illustrated with a seemingly basic face and some drips. The next writer I thought about was Broke, who is from Texas. While I took some photos of his stuff while I lived there, I did not take the following photo which depicts his fun style. He has totally animated and made candy corn emotional. He also adds faces to a number of objects in and around Austin like trees and dumpsters, among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment